[bioontology-support] recommendation for annotation

Alexander Garcia Castro alexgarciac at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 05:48:13 PST 2015

I am annotating a corpus of documents, I am using the recommended
ontologies that bioportal gives me for the documents I send -ontology
recommender. what is the algorithm for recommending these ontologies?

I am asking because for a document it annotates methanol with the ontology
http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SOPHARM but the class is actually
from chebi,
http://www.loria.fr/~coulet/ontology/sopharm/version2.0/chebi.owl#CHEBI_17790

first, why is the ontology recommender recommending to use
http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SOPHARM instead of recommending
chebi? where can I find a description of the ontology recommender currently
available over bioportal

--
Alexander Garcia
http://www.alexandergarcia.name/