[bioontology-support] BioPortal API semantic_types parameter

Ben Leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Dec 10 09:51:16 PST 2015

Hello,
I’m using the annotator endpoint of the BioPortal API and trying to limit the returned concepts to subclasses of a particular semantic type in our ontology. I’m getting a 404 when I include the “semantic_types” and “expand_semantic_types_hierarchy” parameters (works without them) and wonder what I might be doing wrong. Should the semantic_types parameter be expressed differently?

Thank you for any pointers,
Ben Leinfelder
NCEAS informatics team

curl -v "http://data.bioontology.org/annotator?apikey=MY_KEY&format=xml&include=prefLabel,definition&ontologies=ECSO&semantic_types=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.dataone.org%2Fodo%2FECSO_00000039&expand_semantic_types_hierarchy=true&text=magnitude+of+a+quantity”

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<hash>
  <errorsCollection>