[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Simon Beyer

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Dec 11 09:34:12 PST 2015

Hello Simon,

We have a virtual appliance available for download that allows you to run your own local installation of BioPortal:

http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Category:NCBO_Virtual_Appliance

Would this not meet your needs?

Jennifer

On Dec 11, 2015, at 6:02 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: Simon Beyer

Email: simon.beyer at imise.uni-leipzig.de<mailto:simon.beyer at imise.uni-leipzig.de>

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/projects

Feedback:

Dear BioPortal team,

would it be possible to provide the means for someone to locally deploy (and later maintain) a separate instance of BioPortal's server-side?

The IMISE (Institute for Medical Informatics, Statistics and Epidemiology; http://www.imise.uni-leipzig.de/en/index.jsp) is looking to set up an ontology repository of similar capabilities to BioPortal and I have been tasked to assess several candidates of existing software (Aber-OWL, ...) for viability.

As far as I was able to find out, you do not nominally distribute the server-side of BioPortal (or if you do, I was not able to find out where; in this case, please link), but I figured it could not hurt to ask.

Yours sincerely
Simon Beyer