[bioontology-support] obtaining path to root for specific ontology ID using API

Hasselt, J.G.C. van j.g.c.van.hasselt at lacdr.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Dec 11 15:50:00 PST 2015

Hello,

Through the API, I want to obtain the full path to the root for many conditions of interest.  Using the example for R on the API documentation, I obtained already all the MEDDRA ontology IDs from the bioontology.org website.

However, now I am completely stuck in what kind of query I should use to obtain a JSON page that contains the "tree" for the condition (back to root). For example, for the ID http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/MEDDRA/10063081 (Acute left ventricular failure) I want to obtain the path to root:  Acute left ventricular failure --> Left ventricular failure --> Heart failure --> Cardiac disorders.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can give me some points on what kind of query I should use to obtain a JSON page that contains this path to root.

Thanks in advance,

Coen