[bioontology-support] NCBO BioPortal slowness issue

John Graybeal jbgmeta1 at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 15 12:54:04 PST 2015

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience as we worked through recent NCBO BioPortal slowness. The BioPortal team found and fixed a bug in our caching code last Thursday night, and we have seen stable behavior from the system since then.

While fixing this issue, we also upgraded some libraries, and made some changes to improve future troubleshooting. These changes are documented as a point release, as they are minimal and don’t change the system's features.

We are committed to a making BioPortal increasingly reliable and performant in coming months, as well as pursuing opportunities to improve the system. Look for further communications from us in the new year, and please continue to communicate with us about your ideas and concerns.

John

John Graybeal
Technical Program Manager
650-736-1632