[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from shaker

John Graybeal jbgmeta1 at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 21 10:37:56 PST 2015

Shaker,

Your ontology is visible now in BioPortal.

Yes, it usually does take some time for an upload to become visible in BioPortal — we do a number of indexing and other activities before finally making it public, usually it is fully visible by the next morning.

I see that while I can download the ontology, it is still being indexed. This may just be a matter of time — the ontology is somewhat large at 3MB, and the indexing and other processes can take up to a day.

If it is not indexed within another day, it may have to be reviewed by our ontology experts, who will be available after the new year. (Also,  I’m not sure how common the use of functional OWL syntax is for BioPortal imports — so you could try conversion to another OWL syntax just to see if that works better. If you do, realize a day or two may be required again to complete all the upload-related processes.)

John