[bioontology-support] API access to NCBITAXON

Erik Fäßler erik.faessler at uni-jena.de
Thu Dec 24 00:43:17 PST 2015

Dear BioOntologies team,

I try to access the classes of NCBITAXON via the BioPortal API for a few day now with always the same error.

Request: http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/NCBITAXON/classes?include=prefLabel,synonym,definition,parents,obsolete,notation,semanticType,cui,xref&pagesize=100&no_context=true&no_links=true
Error:
<center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center>

Other ontologies could be accessed exactly like this. I also cannot visit the BioPortal page for the NCBITAXON, it says "We're sorry but something has gone wrong. We have been notified of this error.

I wish happy holidays despite my report ;-) Best, Erik