[bioontology-support] Query regarding mapping of SNOMED CT IDs.

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 1 14:24:32 PDT 2015

I’m a little unclear about what you want to accomplish but perhaps I can
help anyway. The ID’s (codes) for UMLS ontologies are stored in the
“skos:notation” property on each class. This property is searched by default
by our search endpoint. Thus if you have the code for a class you can find
the class using search.

The OMIM ontology codes and the SNOMED codes are quite different though. I
assume that you are not trying to match these.  If you have a DB that has
SNOMED codes in a column then you can look up the SNOMED class using search,
as above. You would then be able to get all of its other properties (name,
cui, etc)

That is about all the help I can give with understanding the problem more.

Ray