[bioontology-support] terms missing from BioPortal EFO

Maria Keays mkeays at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 7 07:50:52 PDT 2015

Hello,

I work at Expression Atlas at EMBL-EBI (www.ebi.ac.uk/gxa) where we use
BioPortal to query against EFO during our data processing. We are
currently having some issues with certain terms not showing up in EFO
via the BioPortal API and on the BioPortal website, when in fact they
are in EFO.

For example when I go to
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/EFO?p=classes and search for
"week" this does not give any results. However I know that "week" is in
EFO as I can see it here:
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/efo/search?query=week&submitSearch=Search

This is also affecting our querying via the API e.g. see
http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=week&ontologies=EFO&exact_match=true vs
http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=cancer&ontologies=EFO&exact_match=true

Would it be possible to get this fixed please? Let me know if you need
any more information.

Thanks!

Maria

--
Maria Keays
Expression Atlas Production Project Leader