[bioontology-support] Mammalian Phenotype Ontology - broken

Cynthia Smith Cynthia.Smith at jax.org
Tue Jul 7 08:48:07 PDT 2015

HI all-
Two bugs to report:

(1) I tried to submit this bug report via your feedback link on your home
page, but when I clicked the "Send Feedback" button I got a page with "The
page you are looking for wasn't found. Please try again."  So apologies if
the second item is now duplicated but I was not certain if the submission
was successful.

(2) The Mammalian Phenotype Ontology
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/MP?p=summary page is not
reporting correct information - there are not 28766 classes, for example.
I think you are trying to load the OWL file instead of the OBO file.  The
most current version of the OBO file remains here :
ftp://ftp.informatics.jax.org/pub/reports/MPheno_OBO.ontology
It looks like the last time this was correctly uploaded was prior to
5/1/2015.

If you also want to make the OWL file available, it can be found here:
ftp://ftp.informatics.jax.org/pub/reports/MP.owl

Clicking the Bioportal PURL link on the Mammalian Phenotype ontology page
also returns a page with "The page you are looking for wasn't found.
Please try again."

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help resolve this.

Thanks,
Cynthia

Cynthia Smith, Ph.D.
Research Scientist