[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Rachel.Drysdale

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 10 14:42:34 PDT 2015

Sorry for the long delay. We finally have this figured out.

The error in the file, that prevents parsing is:

----------
org.semanticweb.owlapi.rdf.rdfxml.parser.RDFParserException:
[line=121:column=41] IRI '#T#T8798' cannot be resolved against current
base IRI http://localhost/owlfiles/plosthes.2014-5/ reason is: Illegal
character in fragment at index 2: #T#T8798
Validator has been updated to pick this up now. Passing to Ray Fergerson
for user contact.

Essentially you have created a URL that contains 2 "#" characters. I don't
think that this is allowed.

We have also fixed the problem with our validator. It is accessible at:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/validate_ontology_file

This device should allow you to detect other errors in your ontology
before you submit it.

Ray