[bioontology-support] Help for the NCBO Virtual Appliance

王玥 wangyue at hust.edu.cn
Wed Mar 18 19:49:38 PDT 2015

Hi, there

I have already installed vmware and my own ncbo virtual appliance in my local server.
My local server is (1) 6 CPU (2) 12GB RAM (3) 1TB hard disk.
The vmware is about 26GB hard disk space.
And I also manually parsed the ontology, DOID, in the vmware and I can access the web page "http://the_vmware_offered_ip/annotator".
All the steps above is succeed.
But, when I use the NCBO virtual appliance to find DOID terms from mass text data using my java code request the "http://the_vmware_offered_ip/annotator", something went wrong.
Over a period of time (one day or more), the "http://the_vmware_offered_ip/annotator" could not get annotations, but the vmware looks like normal.
However, I checked the disk capacity of vmware, it shows the 26GB hard disk space is fully used.
What's more, when I first parsed the DOID into the vmware, it shows only 4.1GB of hard disk space is used.
Also, I find the unicorn.stderr.log, as an example, is 11GB in the path of "/var/log/unicorn"(the attachment is part of the unicorn.stderr.log), which came out when running my code.
I don't know what's wrong.
This problem confused me for few days, and it really affecting my work schedule.
So please help me. And I hope the NCBO virtual appliance can work all the time.
If you have something confused, let me know. Please keep in touch.
Thank you!

BW,
Yue

--
Yue Wang
School of Electronic Information and Communications
Emailwangyue at hust.edu.cn