[bioontology-support] Help

Szenasi Gyuri szenasi.gyuri92 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 06:46:42 PDT 2015

Hello,

My name is Szenasi Gyuri, and i am student at the Technical University of
Cluj-Napoca , Computer Science Department.
I'm working on a project that has to extract medical information from
electronic health records, and for this i use bioontology, but i have a
problem with some query and i cannot find a solution.

I make this query in java:

String query = " PREFIX rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> "
                + "SELECT DISTINCT *"
                + "FROM <
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT>"
                + "FROM <http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/globals
>"
                + "WHERE"
                + "{"
                + " ?x rdfs:label ?label ."
                + "?x rdfs:subClassOf ?parent ."
                + "?parent rdfs:label ?parentLabel ."
                + "FILTER (CONTAINS ( UCASE(str(?label)), \""+term+"\") )"
                + "}";

The problem is if i search for the term INTUBATION, i do not get all the
results. For example i need to get this result:
http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/52765003, to identity a term
as medical related term, but this isn't among the results of the
query however the label of the term contains the word "intubation".

If you could tell me where my mistake is, or what to change to get all the
results, it would be great.

Thank You,
Szenasi Gyuri