[bioontology-support] crossdomain.xml file?

Gully Burns gullyburns at gmail.com
Tue May 19 09:12:59 PDT 2015

Dear sir,

I'm an academic bioinformatics researcher at ISI and I'm updating a web
application that I'd like to be able to query the bioportal API. The
trouble is that the system is not permitted to call your services if you
haven't explicitly added a 'crossdomain.xml' file at the root of the
service call.

I'm sorry to make this request, but there doesn't seem to be any way for me
to accomplish this without using a pretty clunky workaround. This is a
product of Adobe's Flex/Flash programming and isn't something I'm intending
to use in the future, but my systems currently rely on this. Could you
possibly add a crossdomain.xml file to your web stack?

An example of a very permissive policy file would be something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "
http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
    <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/>
    <allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false"/>
    <allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" secure="false"/>
</cross-domain-policy>

Documentation for this whole process are published here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobe-media-server/articles/cross-domain-xml-for-streaming.html

The tool that I am developing is called 'BioScholar' and is described in
detail here:

http://www.isi.edu/projects/bioscholar/overview

Thank you in advance for your help. Once again, I'm sorry for putting the
burden of this onto you.

Best

Gully Burns
Project Leader, ISI