[bioontology-support] about auto completion web service

sridevi polavaram spolavar at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:30:27 PDT 2015

Dear Ray,
 I have a question regarding the auto completion feature that you provide
to the bioportal users. Can we call more than one ontology as one single
list using the autocomplete widget? If not, it will be a extremely powerful
and valuable feature (atleast for our project). Let me explain more.

Currently we are successfully using the autocomplete service for our
species ontology (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/NMOSP) at
NeuroMorpho.Org (http://neuromorpho.org/neuroMorpho/OntoSearch.jsp). But
moving forward (in next 4 months), I will be creating many more ontologies
and uploading them to bioportal. But when this happens, I should also be
able to use the autocompletion service across different ontologies. for
example, I should be able to access the names & synonyms from both NMOSP
and NEMO ontologies from my autocomplete textbox as one single list. This
way, I can group relevant ontologies together and search through them as if
they are one.

I would like to know if something like this is under your radar and if it
would be possible to add in the near future? ideally within the time frame
of next 4-months. I would really appreciate your response as I would
consider it valuable in expanding my alternatives.

Thank you
Sridevi