[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Alison Callahan

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 13 16:22:25 PST 2015

Hi Alison,

I’ve looked at this a little further.  There are two issues with our software here:

1).  There’s a mismatch between the mapping counts displayed in the UI for the MP ontology, and the data returned from the backend.  For example, the Mappings table indicates that there should be 20 mappings between MP and the Amino Acid Ontology, but the pop-up dialog to display the mappings says “No mappings found”.  We are still investigating this issue.

2).  The other issue is that the UI didn’t handle this case gracefully and would display pop-up dialogs with a spinner, but would never fully render content.  I’ve fixed this issue, so the dialogs shouldn’t hang anymore.

We’ll update you when we’ve figured out #1.

Best,
Jennifer