[bioontology-support] How to handle imported ontologies on bioportal

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 20 17:29:31 PST 2015

Hi Sridevi,

Just FYI, Ray Fergerson is no longer at Stanford. I tried the search you mentioned (Cerebellum in NMOBR ontology) and I get a result within seconds. I've also tried the REST service directly (which is used by BioPortal UI), and it too returned results (single result) without a hitch:

http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=Cerebellum&ontologies=NMOBR

You'll need to append "&apikey=<your API key> to this query for it to work.

The difficult part here is that if I am unable to reproduce the problem on my end, it would be hard for me to troubleshoot it. Do you see issues with other search queries as well?

Thanks!

Michael Dorf