[bioontology-support] use of previous ontology versions in the bioportal annotator

Ray Fergerson rayferg at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 7 15:39:51 PDT 2015

There is no way to do this with the public BioPortal instance. We only have the latest versions of ontologies loaded. If you really want to load old versions (even multiple old versions) then you need to install a BioPortal virtual machine or create an Amazon EC2 instance. You can then load whatever ontologies you want. Let me know if you want to do this and I will get you access to the virtual machines.

Ray

I am a PhD student from Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology and I doing a work with semantic annotations. I found the Bioportal annotator and It worked very well for my purposes. However, I would like to access the previous versions of an ontology, for instance, access SNOMED version 2015AA as well as 2010_01_31. I could not find any parameter in the Bioportal annotator documentation to do this task. Could you inform to me if is it possible and which parameters I need include in the REST request?

Best Regards,

Silvio Domingos Cardoso
Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
 5 - avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux,
 L-4362 Esch-sur-Alzette