[bioontology-support] How to use REST API to search for only ICD9 code for a term?

Boshu Ru bru at uncc.edu
Fri Oct 30 12:25:39 PDT 2015

Hi,

When I search term ‘Laceration’ with ontology limited to ICD9CM on bioportal.bioontology.org (link below),

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search?q=Laceration&ontologies=ICD9CM&include_properties=false&include_views=false&includeObsolete=false&require_definition=false&exact_match=false&categories=

I received information like below, from the return message I could get an ICD9 code 620.6.
Broad ligament laceration syndrome - International Classification of Diseases, Version 9 - Clinical Modification (ICD9CM)
http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/ICD9CM/620.6
details - visualize - 149 more from this ontology

But when I use REST API, by submitting an URL below (API Key part is omitted)
http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=Laceration&ontology=ICD9CM

I got a json file WITHOUT any ICD9 code at all.

So my question is, how to use REST API to get ICD9 code for a term like Laceration?

Thanks ahead for your help.

Best regards,
-Boshu Ru