[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Roberto Mosca

Roberto.Mosca at thomsonreuters.com Roberto.Mosca at thomsonreuters.com
Thu Sep 10 01:13:23 PDT 2015

Hi,

just wanted to check if you received this request of help.

Best regards,
Roberto Mosca

On 04 Sep 2015, at 11:37, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: Roberto Mosca

Email: roberto.mosca at thomsonreuters.com<mailto:roberto.mosca at thomsonreuters.com>

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/HP?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.obolibrary.org%2Fobo%2FHP_0000006

Feedback:

Dear Support,

I have a question about the REST API. When doing a search through the search API (/search?q=) which fields are specifically searched? For example, is the "description" used for the search? Is it just the prefLabel? Do you also search in the "synonym"?

I think listing the fields that are actually searched would be a nice addition to the documentation :)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Roberto