[bioontology-support] Text annotator API returns different results for different API keys

Marco Brandizi brandizi at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Sep 18 02:36:45 PDT 2015

Hi all,

as the subject says, I've tried this query:

http://data.bioontology.org/annotator?apikey=8b5b7825-538d-40e0-9e9e-5ab9274a9aeb&text=homo%20sapiens&longest_only=false&exclude_numbers=false&whole_word_only=false&exclude_synonyms=false

(which you can get starting from the user interface and then clicking on
'Format result as JSON')

and it returns many more results (no. of 'annotatedClass' objects) than
when I replace apikey= with the key associated to my account (userid =
name.surname).
Is there a reason for this? Update delays? Bug?

thanks in advance,

Marco Brandizi, PhD <brandizi AT ebi_ac/uk>, http://www.marcobrandizi.info

Functional Genomics Group - Sr Software Engineer
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/microarray

European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, United Kingdom