[bioontology-support] API request: add list of properties to search, fragment search

Halle, Michael Wilfred,Ph.D. mhalle at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 23 09:36:08 PDT 2015

Dear NCBO team,

I am building a tool to convert back and forth between prefLabels and URIs/CUIs in specific ontologies using the REST API. The forward mapping is straightforward; the reverse seems harder.

Right now, I have to search all properties to get this result, and it is imperfect at best for CUIs or other ontology-unique identifiers.

I would like to be able to search only specific properties (say, from a list). That way, I could avoid some false matches.

It would also be great to be able to, effectively, match against the fragment of the URI, since the URI base is typically constant for a particular ontology. I can do a non-exact match on all properties, but I risk getting C0123 when I want just C012. A regexp style search could do this as well (I could search for #C012$)

Could you consider adding this functionality to the API?

Thanks.
-Mike Halle

dispose of the e-mail.