[bioontology-support] Feature request: Jump to search box in the property tab

Clement Jonquet jonquet at lirmm.fr
Thu Sep 24 09:37:19 PDT 2015

Hi Ray, all,

An ontology that is perfect with properties is SIO:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/SIO/?p=properties

There are 208 properties there.

And all the ObjectProperty are in a clean hierarchy, in which it is
cumbersome to search without a search box.

In addition, I think the best presentation here will be to have a search box
on the top, and then a hierarchy displayed with 3 top level properties:
owl:ObjectProperty, owl:AnnotationProperty and owl:DatatypeProperty

And, when a property is selected, then the right part should display the
maximum number of things for the property (I mean, all the properties of the
Property)
 rdfs:label, sio:example, dc:description, sio:hasSynonym and all
the classic ones subPropertyOf, range, etc. For the moment, only the
rdfs:comment and rdfs:label are displayed.

Sorry, I realize this is 3 feature requests now ;)

Other examples of ontologies for which the search box feature will be useful
includes all the ones with many properties and sometime some hierarchies:

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/GEOSPECIES/?p=properties

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/NCIT/?p=properties

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/PHARE/?p=properties

Bye