[bioontology-support] Two questions about using data.bioontology.org API

Reza Salari resal81 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:16:10 PDT 2016

Hi,

First thank you for providing such a useful resource! I'm using the API in
the app that I'm developing (https://chemplore.com) and I have two
questions:

1- Currently I have the API key residing inside my app to allow it to
download bioontology data when users access the website. Therefore it's
practically public. Is this the recommended way to use the API key for
Javascript apps?

2- I'm using the HTTPS version of the urls to access the API (e.g. *https*
://data.bioontology.org/search?q=melanoma). This generally works fine but
for some reason Safari on iOS devices blocks the calls to the API due to
"invalid certificate for bioontology.org". Is this a known issue and if so,
is there a workaround to circumvent it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Reza Salari

Reza Salari, M.D. Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher
Center for Computational and Integrative Biology
Rutgers University
Science Building
Camden, NJ 08102
(856) 225-6492