[bioontology-support] Claiming the BioPortal records on BioSharing

Allyson Lister allyson.lister at oerc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 21 12:34:30 PDT 2016

Dear BioPortal Team,

I’m contacting you on behalf of BioSharing[1], the online registry of
life science data standards, databases and policies. Our aim is to make
your resources as visible as possible to the maximum number of potential
users.

As well as making use of your widgets and linking out to BioPortal in
our ontology records, we have BioSharing records for two of your
resources: the metadata ontology and the registry itself[2]. To ensure
our information for your resources are as correct and up to date as
possible, would you or someone from your team quickly scan the
records[2] and ‘claim’ them? (To claim, see link [3] below.)

Claiming a record as either a group or an individual also gives you the
opportunity to make changes to the record yourself, allowing you
complete control over how your resources are displayed in BioSharing. In
addition, if you claim a record(s) as an individual, you can link the
record to your ORCID.

BioSharing is about making your resource discoverable and our users,
such as Nature Publishing Group[4], the US NIH Big Data to Knowledge
(BD2K) Initiative[5]’s centers and the EU ELIXIR[6] network use
BioSharing to inform decisions on their data and infrastructure
policies. A contact is essential should they have any questions about
your resource. Data from BioSharing also feeds into resources such as
DataCite[7], Dryad[8] and re3data[9], to provide a complete view of life
science standards, policies and databases for researchers, funders and
publishers. Just click to claim, and we'll do the rest!

Regards,
Allyson Lister

[1] https://biosharing.org
[2] https://biosharing.org/biodbcore-000764,
https://biosharing.org/bsg-002603
[3] https://biosharing.org/own/biodbcore/claim/biodbcore-000764,
https://biosharing.org/own/standard/claim/bsg-002603
[4]
http://blogs.nature.com/scientificdata/2015/06/01/biosharing-wants-your-input/
[5] https://datascience.nih.gov/bd2k
[6] http://elixir-uk.org/interoperability-infrastructure
[7] https://www.datacite.org/node
[8] http://www.datadryad.org/
[9] http://www.re3data.org/
--
Dr. Allyson Lister
Knowledge Engineer, BioSharing & ISA-Tools