[bioontology-support] ECSO search via API

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 17 15:37:12 PDT 2016

Thanks for the update Ben.

The Annotations may not have run successfully. We'll try re-running them, but I see these errors in the log:

2016-08-15T10:21:36 [main] ERROR u.a.m.c.o.o.OWLOntologyManagerImpl - Illegal redeclarations of entities: reuse of entity http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#definition in punning not allowed [Declaration(AnnotationProperty(<http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#definition>)), Declaration(DataProperty(<http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#definition>))]

2016-08-15T10:21:36 [main] ERROR u.a.m.c.o.o.OWLOntologyManagerImpl - Illegal redeclarations of entities: reuse of entity http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#altLabel in punning not allowed [Declaration(AnnotationProperty(<http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#altLabel>)), Declaration(DataProperty(<http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#altLabel>))]

This suggests that you may have used each of skos core#definition and core#altLabel properties in two different roles. I don't have time to confirm that, but if so I think Protege will detect the same issue. Good chance you'll need to fix that before the annotations work.

John

> On Aug 17, 2016, at 3:04 PM, Ben Leinfelder <leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi John,
> While the 'search' endpoint is working for me now, the 'annotator' endpoint is not returning any recommended concepts.
> For example:
> https://data.bioontology.org/annotator?ontologies=ECSO&apikey=<KEY>&text=temperature
>
> I've also tried the web UI - http://bioportal.bioontology.org/annotator - which also returned zero results.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thank you,
> -ben
>
>> On Aug 17, 2016, at 10:25 AM, Ben Leinfelder <leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Hi John,
>> Just wanted to let you know that I added another submission and the ontology parsed/indexed after ~day. Thanks for the tip.
>> -ben
>>
>>> On Aug 12, 2016, at 7:29 PM, John Graybeal <jgraybeal at stanford.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Ben,
>>>
>>> You are correct there is something wrong with the current submission. As this took place close to the time we were conducting some maintenance, it is possible the maintenance interfered with the proper processing of the submissions.
>>>
>>> With the weekend upon us, I suggest starting with the simplest approach. Please try resubmitting your last submission to see if that succeeds this time.  If that doesn't work, please reply to the list, and we'll start looking under the hood.
>>>
>>> john

>>> ========================
>>> John Graybeal
>>> Technical Program Manager
>>> Center for Expanded Data Annotation and Retrieval /+/ NCBO BioPortal
>>> Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research
>>> 650-736-1632
>>> skype: graybealski

John Graybeal
Technical Program Manager