[bioontology-support] BioPortal rendering with ISAtools

Jeff Long jelong at celgene.com
Thu Aug 25 11:27:15 PDT 2016

Dear Alejandra Gonzalez-Beltran and BioPortal support team,

The data science group at Celgene has been using ISAcreator for the curation of experiments. We have recently encountered an issue with the rendering of links generated by ISAcreator, such as:
http://ncicb.nci.nih.gov/xml/owl/EVS/Thesaurus.owl#C14225
which redirects to:
http://evs.nci.nih.gov/ftp1/rdf/Thesaurus.owl#C14225.
This prompts a download of NCIt, which is too big to render in a browser, and not really the preferred action.

We would prefer to see rendering such as:
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/NCIT?p=classes&conceptid=C14225
http://ncicb.nci.nih.gov/xml/owl/EVS/Thesaurus.owl#C14225

Is this an issue for the ISAtools team or BioPortal? Does this relate to your discussion with John Graybeal and Mark Williams?

Best Regards,
Jeff

Jeffrey Long
Sr. Data Scientist
Celgene
(415) 515-8082

THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT IS
CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY CONTAIN LEGALLY PRIVILEGED
INFORMATION INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL
OR INDIVIDUALS NAMED ABOVE.
If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please reply to the
sender to notify us of the error and delete the original
message. Thank You.