[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Abhi

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 30 16:23:03 PDT 2016

Hello Abhi,

On Aug 30, 2016, at 4:00 PM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: Abhi

Email: absawarkar at gmail.com<mailto:absawarkar at gmail.com>

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/MESH

Feedback:

Hi
Is there a way to tell which version/release of the ontology/terminology was used in the mapping exercise?
I am interested in the MeSH - MedDRA mapping

Mappings are generated by our system each time a new version of an ontology is submitted.

The most current MeSH and MedDRA versions were imported into BioPortal from the UMLS 2015AB release.  According to the UMLS website, release 2015AB contains MeSH version MSH2016_2015_08_18 [1], and MedDRA version MDR18_0 [2].

Jennifer

[1] https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/current/MSH/metadata.html
[2] https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/current/MDR/metadata.html