[bioontology-support] Pull Location Uploading not working

Vincent Emonet vincent.emonet at lirmm.fr
Tue Dec 6 10:27:18 PST 2016

Hi,

On our local VA when we "add a submission" using a pull location the
parsing of the ontology is hanging on:

"DEBUG -- : Pull location found, but no file in the upload file path.
Retrying download."

https://github.com/sifrproject/ncbo_cron/blob/master/lib/ncbo_cron/ontology_submission_parser.rb#L168

After adding some logs to understand where it really comes from, I found
that it was hanging when copying the file:

https://github.com/ncbo/ontologies_linked_data/blob/master/lib/ontologies_linked_data/models/ontology_submission.rb#L103:L109

Notice that the 2 logger.debug of copy_file_repository don't produce
anything when run automatically

The mysterious thing, is that if I run the processing manually
"/srv/ncbo/ncbo_cron/bin/ncbo_ontology_process -o MY_ONT".
It's working without any problem.

I never touched this part of the code, and I experience this problem on
the production and staging machines (and it was working before)

In the code I can see you already had some problems with it and added
some logs to debug it (and did not remove them).

Do you have an idea where it could come from?

Thanks!

Vincent