[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Lori Phillips

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Dec 9 09:57:13 PST 2016

Hello Lori,

On Dec 9, 2016, at 6:34 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: Lori Phillips

Email: lcphillips at partners.org<mailto:lcphillips at partners.org>

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ICD10CM?p=classes

Feedback:

It has come to my attention that some ICD10CM codes are missing on your ICD10CM tree.

Here is an example:
Neoplasm of unspecified behavior of right kidney D49.511

I was able to verify it via google.
Can you help me understand the discrepancy?

ICD10CM is imported into BioPortal from the National Library of Medicine’s UMLS Terminology Service [1].  The last import we performed into BioPortal was the UMLS 2016AA release.  The term you mention above doesn’t exist in this release.  It does exist in the next UMLS release (2016AB).  We have an issue in our tracker (NCBO-1835) to import the 2016AB release, which was made public on November 8th.  I don’t have an exact date for you by which this new release will be available, but it’s definitely on our list of issues that we’re working on.

[1] https://uts.nlm.nih.gov/home.html