[bioontology-support] NCBO Tree widget: collapsing/expanding the hierarchy

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 3 16:51:08 PST 2016

Hi Allyson,

On Feb 2, 2016, at 1:00 AM, Allyson Lister <allyson.lister at oerc.ox.ac.uk<mailto:allyson.lister at oerc.ox.ac.uk>> wrote:

Thanks - it is all looking great for me now - the updated code has been installed on BioSharing.

OK, glad to hear that the tree widget is working for you.

One additional note (which I'm happy to turn into an additional ticket if you prefer) is that the information returned from a query on an ontology present as a Summary Only on BioPortal is identical to the info returned for an unknown record, e.g.:

A record which does not exist:

{
    -"errors": [
        "Ontology 'ZZZ' not found."
    ],
    "status": 404
}

And a record which does exist as a summary only on bioportal:

{
    -"errors": [
        "Ontology PHARMGKB submission not found."
    ],
    "status": 404
}

We would like to treat these two cases differently - is there any way to get a different error message when the record is present, but as a summary only?

Sorry, but I’m not sure I totally follow here.  The status codes returned are the same, but the error messages are different.

On a related note, ontologies in BioPortal have a  “summaryOnly” property.  I’m wondering if you’ve considered the approach of checking this property value to determine if you should proceed with subsequent calls?