[bioontology-support] searching for synonyms (NCBO-1605)

John Graybeal jbgmeta1 at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 16 16:24:20 PST 2016

Hi Sridevi,

Sorry our responses have been a bit slow, but we have been doing some investigation, and have some progress to report.

There are two components to be taken care of, one on your end and one on ours.

On your end: Note that we support the namespace http://www.geneontology.org/formats/oboInOwl#, while you have been using the namespace http://www.geneontology.org/formats/oboInOWL#. (In your case OWL is all upper case; but we only support the camel-case Owl version.)  So you’ll need to fix that.

On our end: We don’t curently support hasExactSynonym for OWL files, only for OBO files. We believe we can change our code to also support OWL files, but due to functional and scalability testing, the change may take some time (order 1-2 months). (This change could even prove not viable, but I think that’s highly unlikely.) So we’ll make it a task, and let you know via the list when it’s implemented.

You’re welcome to ping us again for updates any time, and I’ll try to let you know of status changes as well.

John

John Graybeal
Technical Program Manager