[bioontology-support] NCBO BioPortal outage has been addressed

John Graybeal jbgmeta1 at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 19 10:57:30 PST 2016

Hello everyone,

As observed on this list, we had an extended BioPortal incident yesterday, with the system unavailable or very slow for long periods. We tracked the problem down last night, and put in a patch to address it. The system is now fully performant.

There are several corrective actions we’ll be taking in coming days to address this issue. We’ll also make some associated improvements in coming weeks to optimize the Recommender, reflecting heavy use it has been receiving lately. You’ll be seeing those results in coming release announcements.

And speaking of the release announcements, we will return to making these on the bioportal-announce list, to which many of you are already subscribed. I just sent the 4.24 release announcement to that list; if you did not receive it, then to receive future release announcements please subscribe at https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/bioportal-announce.

John
John Graybeal
Technical Program Manager
650-736-1632