[bioontology-support] [ORDO] bioportal issue

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 24 15:41:25 PST 2016

Hello Marc,

On Feb 24, 2016, at 6:45 AM, Marc Hanauer <marc.hanauer at inserm.fr<mailto:marc.hanauer at inserm.fr>> wrote:

Dear support,
We manage the ORDO (Orphanet Rare Disease Ontology) and we have made an update recently (2 days ago).
Usually (for the previous version), we just update the file on our own server (keeping the same URL : http://www.orphadata.org/data/ORDO/ordo_orphanet.owl ) and then the bioportal website automatically upload it.

It seems this is not the case anymore (the version in bioportal remain v2.0 instead of the new 2.1)

Do we need to perform any manual action in order to update it on bioportal ?

You don’t need to do anything manual.  We were having some performance issues with our site and temporarily disabled the cron jobs in our production environment that pull new versions of ontologies.  The cron job has been reenabled today, so the new version of your ontology should be pulled and processed overnight.

By the way, with our account, we still have trouble accessing the bioportal interface (when we sign in and try to reach the ORDO page, we obtain an error message which is not the case without login...) (see my previous msg below about this)

Sorry you’re having difficulties.  I tried reproducing this behavior here and so far haven’t had any luck.  I’ve viewed your ontology in BioPortal, both when logged in and logged out (screen shot below).  I also verified that your user account of “ORDO_Orphanet” is valid, and I don’t see any issues there.  Are you still seeing this behavior?

Jennifer

[cid:ADE4E29B-BE62-4DDB-B775-7EF3FCBDDAD1 at stanford.edu]