[bioontology-support] Internal Server Error, metrics, other intermittent BioPortal issues

John Graybeal jbgmeta1 at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 25 12:10:16 PST 2016

BioPortal users,

Some of you have been affected by intermittent outages of various types recently. As you know, we have found and fixed some significant issues recently that caused severe BIoPortal load levels; we’re continuing to identify additional improvements in that regard.

At this point, we are confident there are some intermittent cacheing issues that affect different system components, and even different users, at different times. We are taking action both to detect (and resolve) these issues faster, and to investigate the possible causes as thoroughly and quickly as possible.

We hope the impact in the meantime will be quite limited, but there may be a few very brief outages (10 minutes at most) in coming days as we investigate the issue. We will post notice of any planned outages to this list in advance, of course.

We rely on your emails and support reports to let us know when the system is not performing as it should, and we continue to appreciate your messages letting us know of even temporary issues.

If you do have a systemic issue, you may well find it is resolved within 10-15 minutes during this period. If not, please contact us.

John
John Graybeal
Technical Program Manager
650-736-1632