[bioontology-support] FMA plasma membrane

Maxwell Neal maxneal at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 14:30:18 PST 2016

Hi BioPortal support team,

I have an application that uses the BioPortal REST API to allow users to
search and retrieve classes from several ontologies on BioPortal.

My development team recently noticed that the FMA term "Plasma membrane" is
not being returned when users search for "plasma", "membrane", or "plasma
membrane." We can, however, retrieve many other FMA classes that contain
the phrase "plasma membrane" (such as "Plasma membrane of biophil").

Here is an example of a REST call sent from our application to BioPortal
that fails to retrieve the class:

http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=plasma&ontologies=FMA&format=xml&exact_match=false&apikey=c4192e4b-88a8-4002-ad08-b4636c88df1a
We also noticed that the name of the plasma membrane class is not visible
in the FMA class tree browser on BioPortal. Instead, there is a blank node.
You can actually click on the node and see the info for the plasma membrane
class.

Any help is appreciated!

Many thanks,