[bioontology-support] PURL to my ontology

Clement Jonquet jonquet at lirmm.fr
Mon Mar 28 12:23:03 PDT 2016

Hi Fernando,

I don’t think mixing the URI and URL schema will actually be a very good
thing.

PURLs are used to identify resources
 whereas BioPortal URL are used to
actually show the content of the ontology. You take the risk of having a
conflict between one of the resource inside your ontology and an URL in
BioPortal that would kind of be inconsistent.

The recommended practice I think is to have a URI such as:

http://purl.bioontology.org/OntONeo for your ontology

which could actually dereferences to

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/OntONeo

Clement