[bioontology-support] Maximum length of request via NCBO ontology recommender service

Phil Kiossoglou phil.kiossoglou at gmail.com
Sun May 8 09:16:19 PDT 2016

Hi,

Do you know what the maximum length of requests made to the recommender
endpoint of the NCBO API is?

I have tried providing an entire paper, with spaces converted to + signs,
and receive an http 414 error in response.

I have tried looking through the available documentation and haven't found
an answer.  The interactive bioportal recommender tool is limited to 500
words and it advises use of the API for longer requests so I assume the
maximum is greater than that.

Thanks and regards,

Phil