[bioontology-support] request for information about Virtual Appliance use

John Graybeal jbgmeta1 at stanford.edu
Tue May 10 13:54:11 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

A little while ago, we published a survey about use of the BioPortal Virtual Appliance (and AWS Machine Instance), which has had well in excess of 100 downloads in recent years. Part of that email is copied below.

We believe there may be many people who accessed or used one of these distributions, and have not yet responded to the survey.

We would appreciate it very much if any of you who have used the Virtual Appliance or AMI distributions of BioPortal would take the time now to respond to our survey. In addition to giving you the chance to raise issues for our consideration, it will help us justify the work we do to provide this service, guide our direction for future releases of the distribution, and increase the chance for funding future improvements.

You can find the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ncbo-bioportal-virtual-appliance-survey. Plesae fill it out now if you have experience with this product, thanks very much!

John

The NCBO BioPortal team would like very much to hear about your experiences with this deliverable. Whether you have a fully operational public repository, never actually downloaded the system, or somewhere in between, this is your chance to tell us what happened, what you think about it, and what we can better.  We will use your input to improve further updates.

Please find our simple survey at
  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ncbo-bioportal-virtual-appliance-survey
Most likely it will take you less than 10 minutes to fill out.

We will treat the survey responses as anonymous, and will aggregate and anonymize any data we publish. If you are willing to provide your name/contact information so that you can be contacted with follow-up questions, we will be grateful, but this is of course not required.

Feature and other improvement requests for the Virtual Applicance distribution are most welcome in this survey. Feature requests for the BIoPortal software itself, unrelated to the distribution — as well as support requests for the Virtual Appliance — should be sent to the support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> mail list, for the greatest impact.

Thank you most sincerely for your time — we eagerly await your input. If several individuals from your organization would like to submit independent input, you may forward the survey to them. We ask that you all indicate your organization in the appropriate question, so that we understand the context of your feedback.

John Graybeal
Technical Program Manager