[bioontology-support] Maximum length of request via NCBO ontology recommender service

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Wed May 11 11:47:18 PDT 2016

Hi Phil,

Is your request a GET or a POST? If it's the former, this link has a useful explanation on individual server's request limits:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/266322/is-there-a-limit-to-the-length-of-a-get-request

POST requests generally have larger limits, but I suppose you can still hit a server restriction somewhere along the request stack. For example, we use nginx as our load balancer, and it enforces a limit of 1GB on the request body size.

Hope this info helps! Thank you for writing to us.

Michael