[bioontology-support] Website behaviour if a URL doesn't exist

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Tue May 17 10:38:26 PDT 2016

Hi Allyson,

We do have this issue entered into our bug tracking system, and we do plan to address it at some point. It just hasn't come up to the top of our priority queue yet. Just curious, what is the purpose of your "automated checking" of an ontology URL in BioPortal? Generally speaking, when a process is perceived as "automated", it should be directed to our REST API services, which have a much more consistent validation and HTTP response codes. This same non-existent ontology call does return a 404 from our REST API:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/banana

Thank you for checking with us!

Michael