[bioontology-support] Ontology Recommender endpoint generating HTTP 504 errors

Phil Kiossoglou phil.kiossoglou at gmail.com
Mon May 23 03:49:22 PDT 2016

Hi,

We are working on a project and would like to use the Ontology Recommender
endpoint of the NCBO API to process a set of papers.

As a first attempt, we are trying to pass a paper with ~3700 words to the
recommender. Initially we tried this via executing a GET, which failed with
a URI TOO LONG error, and we were advised to use a POST request instead.

This deals successfully with the length of the request.  Unfortunately, we
now find that it generates a "HTTP Error 504: Gateway Time-out" error
instead.

Do you have any suggestions for how we can get around this, or is it
possible to extend the duration of the time out?  We are happy to wait to
send requests at times when your servers are not loaded, if that poses a
problem.

Thanks and regards,

Phil