[bioontology-support] omeprazole

Alexander Garcia Castro alexgarciac at gmail.com
Mon May 23 09:42:54 PDT 2016

I am annotating documents with the ncbo annotation service. I am using
chebi; as incredible as it may sound omeprazole is a synonym of result.

this is so absurd that I cant get my head around it. it means that if the
annotator finds result, it take result and label it as omeprazole
absurd!!!! and this is not the only issue. things like this happen with
many ontologies.

what am I not understanding?
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/CHEBI?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.obolibrary.org%2Fobo%2FCHEBI_7772

where is the so call quality for these ontologies? sorry sorry if I am
being too hard on this but I just cant believe it.

--
Alexander Garcia
http://www.alexandergarcia.name/