[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Sivaram Arabandi

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue May 31 17:06:58 PDT 2016

Hello Sivaram,

On May 31, 2016, at 9:58 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: Sivaram Arabandi

Email: sivaram.arabandi at gmail.com<mailto:sivaram.arabandi at gmail.com>

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/NIFSTD?p=classes&conceptid=root

Feedback:

Duplicate terms:
If you open NIF ontology, 'entity' appears twice. Similar display issues for multiple terms.

I downloaded and opened the NIF OWL file in the Protege ontology editing environment.  Protege also displays the ontology with two ‘entity’ classes at the top level.  My first inclination is to say this isn’t a display issue with the BioPortal software as you mention above, but rather something in the ontology source file itself.  I’m not an OWL expert, so I’ll try to check with someone on the Protege team to see if they can help out here.