[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from John Robinson

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 2 11:46:13 PDT 2016

Hi John,

Anyone is welcome to submit ontologies to BioPortal.  Just curious if you had already tried and were experiencing issues in doing so?

I wrote up some instructions for submitting ontologies in a previous message to the support list today, which I’ve pasted below.

Let me know if this information helps, and/or if you need any sort of additional assistance.

If you haven’t already signed up for an account at the BioPortal website, you’ll need to do that first:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/accounts/new

Once you have an account and are logged in, navigate to the Browse page:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies

… and click the "Submit New Ontology" button.

In the resulting form, you’ll be asked to fill out some metadata about your ontology, e.g., name, acronym, etc.  Once you’ve filled out the form, click the "Create ontology" button.  This will create the ontology summary page for your ontology.  On the summary page, you can then click the "Add submission” link.  The new submission form is where you’ll be able to specify your ontology file, as well as things like description, version number, etc.