[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from dawidansa

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Sun Nov 6 23:18:13 PST 2016

Hello Dawid,

Thanks for your interest!  Technically, it should be fairly straightforward for you to do this yourself. The instructions (recently posted to this list by Jennifer Vendetti) have been added to https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_Help#Submitting_an_ontology, with some details added.

>From a licensing standpoint, you must follow your agreement with AMA with regard to posting the codes. As I see the CPT codes are subject to UMLS licensing, it seems likely the same may be true of your codes if they are based on the CPT ontology; you have the responsibility to determine what is allowed and appropriate in this regard.

If you have any technical questions or issues, please post them to this list. You may wish to send licensing concerns to me directly.

John