[bioontology-support] I can not enable mail sending for lost passwords

Paul R Alexander palexand at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 8 23:49:59 PST 2016

You should try port 587 if you are using TLS. I would also suggest trying an email provider other than Gmail, as they have a lot of authentication and spoofing prevention in place that can make getting the settings working difficult.

Here's a page on how to get smtp working with Google: https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en. If you can share the error it would be useful to help figure out if the problem is on Google's end or on the configuration side.

Best,
Paul