[bioontology-support] Quick follow-up on the semantic types

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 17 15:59:39 PST 2016

Hi Clement,

Per the NCBO API docs as well as having verified this in the code, there are two parameters that need to be set in the Annotator call that determine how it uses semantic types:

http://data.bioontology.org/documentation#nav_annotator

  *   semantic_types={semType1,semType2..,semTypeN}
  *   expand_semantic_types_hierarchy={true|false} // default = false. true means to use the semantic types passed in the "semantic_types" parameter as well as all their immediate children. false means to use ONLY the semantic types passed in the "semantic_types" parameter.

Let me know if after setting these you get results that are unexpected.

Thanks!

Misha