[bioontology-support] Ontology visible but not downloadable

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 18 15:10:22 PST 2016

On Nov 18, 2016, at 2:13 PM, Clement Jonquet <jonquet at lirmm.fr<mailto:jonquet at lirmm.fr>> wrote:

Jenifer,

Could you advice VA users how to do so also, please ?

We need to do this also on our SIFR BioPortal for a few ontologies.

This line of code should be modified to include the acronyms of the ontologies for which you want to restrict downloads via the UI:

https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal_web_ui/blob/master/app/views/ontologies/_submissions.html.haml#L32

This will prevent the “Downloads” column in the Submissions table from appearing on ontology summary pages.

If you want to restrict download via the REST endpoint, you need to modify your environment configuration files (e.g., production.rb, staging.rb, etc.) in your ontologies_api project.  The production.rb file should contain a “config.restrict_download” property - there’s an example of what it should look like in the sample configuration file in GitHub:

https://github.com/ncbo/ontologies_api/blob/master/config/environments/config.rb.sample#L38

Jennifer