[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from dclunie

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 22 12:29:17 PST 2016

Hi David,

On Nov 22, 2016, at 6:24 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: dclunie

Email: dclunie at dclunie.com<mailto:dclunie at dclunie.com>

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/DCM

Feedback:

I updated the DCM ontology yesterday, and I am pretty sure I described the updated submission as 2016e_20161121, but for some reason it is showing up as the old name (2016b_20160401 ).

The updated Description field is correct though.

I downloaded your ontology source file.  The owl:versionInfo element has the old name:

<owl:versionInfo>2016b_20160401</owl:versionInfo>

Also, I checked the submission information via the UI and the Version field is set to the old name:

[cid:D5336A89-AF99-481C-8947-EEC9A3D125A4 at stanford.edu]

Would you like us to update this for you?  Or, are you interested in correcting the versionInfo element in your ontology source file to your new version and doing a new submission?

Also, though it says it has been (Parsed, Indexed, Metrics, Annotator, Error Diff), and indeed the live ontology contains the updated content, there is no CSV download link, etc.

The download links are available now.

The “Error Diff” status is a bug in our system.  I noticed that you submitted your ontology in ZIP format.  We accept this format for upload and parsing, but it looks like the ontology diff process fails because the code doesn’t account for comparing ZIP files.  I don’t know if this is an error on our side, or if it’s an error in the 3rd party library we use for performing the diffs.  I’ve entered an issue in our tracker (NCBO-1840), and we’ll investigate.